United Architects of the Philippines-Student Auxiliary Silliman University (UAPSA-SU) chapter is the top performing organization in the university in the first semester, 2017-2018.
According to the announcement of the SU Student Government Committee on Student Organization (SUSG-ComSO) last Jan. 11, UAPSA-SU gained a total of 768, 985 points last semester.
UAPA-SU president Robert Banse said, “It is the first time to be included in ComSo’s partial list of top 10 organizations.”
“The most significant activity that we had [so far this school year] would be ‘Project 5Cs: Fostering Youth Nationalism Through Arts’ because it is targeted towards our chosen community and it advocates for a positive impact to our community,” Banse said.
The project aims to develop a sense of nationalism towards the youth, using arts as a tool, he added.
UAPSA’s activities and events this year also involve students outside their college, such as “Banyuhay: Correlating Cities with the Environment,” a lecture they co-organized with SUSG Environment Committee last November.
Banse shared that they are determined to maintain their current standing by pushing for more activities and events that can make a positive social impact on the university and community.
List of Top 10 Organization in the First Semester, 2017-2018:
- United Architects of the Philippines-Student Auxiliary
- Silliman University Medical Students’ Association
- Herodotus Society
- Silliman Junior Business Executives
- Silliman University Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants
- Siquijorian Students for Enrichment, Enlightenment, Development and Service of Silliman University / SEEDS
- Silliman University Nutrition and Dietetics Society
- Beta Epsilon
- Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers
- Mona Lisa Society
Organizations in Silliman University gain points by participating and conducting socially relevant events in accordance to the guidelines set by SUSG-ComSo. An awarding of the top ten organizations is done annually during SU’s Founders Week celebration.